Suffolk Pets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Pet Owners from Suffolk and across the country. From lost, stolen, missing pets and pets needing new homes to chatting about pets and their needs.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clearing up after your dog...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jo
Admin
Jo

Clearing up after your dog... Empty
PostSubject: Clearing up after your dog...   Clearing up after your dog... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok, so I only moved out to the Countryside 4 years ago and didn't get my first dog until then. But I was quite shocked to find that the majority of dog owners do not clear up after their dog as it's 'in the Countryside'!

I have to say I am somewhat confuddled by this. Maybe it's because I have come from town where you get fined for not clearing up after your dog or maybe it's because I like to enjoy the views of the beautiful Countryside I chose to live in, rather than having to constantly look where I'm walking so as to dodge the poo?! scratch

Some people say... "well my dog goes in the rough or on the verge so it's ok" but I have kids who run about and walk in those places too... so is it ok for them to have to walk in their dogs mess??!!

I don't know if it's just me having been a townie and this is an unwritten rule of the Countryside or if I'm just being picky? Either way I will carry on clearing up after my dogs!

Rant over!
Back to top Go down
https://suffolkpets.forumotion.co.uk
kells3101

kells3101

PostSubject: Re: Clearing up after your dog...   Clearing up after your dog... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 am

I live on farmland, and dont clear up after my lot on our land, unless its somewhere any of us are likely to walk.
Wen out in public we DO pick up as much as possible, though ours often run free ahead of us in feilds, so we dont always see it happen .... Gryff is the best though ... we have a river running directly behind our house, and he goes down the bank, and stands facing uphill .... and poops into the river!!!

in our village, there is a massive lack of litter bins .... and there are ( to my knowledge ) only 2 poop bins - nowhere near any routes most dog walkers use ... its been continually raised with the local cpincil - especially as the main route to the primary school is constantly covered with crap ... this morning, I had to side step 5 seperate piles taking my daughter to school - and we are only 600 yards away from the gate!
Back to top Go down
Jo
Admin
Jo

PostSubject: Re: Clearing up after your dog...   Clearing up after your dog... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 am

That's terrible Kells. It pees me of seeing it out and about but by a school is just disgusting. Shame on those dog owners!!!
Back to top Go down
https://suffolkpets.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clearing up after your dog...   Clearing up after your dog... Empty

Back to top Go down

Clearing up after your dog...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suffolk Pets :: Chat :: Animal Chat-
Jump to: