A forum for Pet Owners from Suffolk and across the country. From lost, stolen, missing pets and pets needing new homes to chatting about pets and their needs.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Animals and their names

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HappyPiggies

PostSubject: Animals and their names   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 am

Hi thought it would be nice to have a thread about our animals and their names.
So just say your animals and their names.
I'll start
Staffie- Ty
Cats- Smudge, Patch and Tober who is half bengal
Royal Python snakes -Khal and Khaleessi
Guinea pigs-
-My boars are Ice, Frost, Storm, Sunny sunny , Rusty, Sandy, and Teddy
-My sow's are Muffin, Rolo, Biscuit, Cookie, Truffle, Chutney, Sugar, Angel, Lollie and Star
Yes i am a bit guinea pig mad geek

I look forward to hearing all your names Smile

Back to top Go down
Jo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:49 am

Good thread!!

Mine are:

Collie - Misty

Cats - Boris, Ruby and missing cat Star (he's my avatar pic)

Rabbits - Casper and Lilly

Chickens - Speckles, Goldie and Dusty

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://suffolkpets.forumotion.co.uk
Toffeecrisp

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:14 am

I have 2 Border Collies at the moment their names are Smartie and Twix
I lost my dear rescue Collie Wispa this time last year, afraid I was a failed foster mum!
She came to me when she was 2 yrs old and was scared of everything, I decided that nobody would be good enough for her and would understand her like I did so we had 11 lovely yrs together

Back to top Go down
lizzie

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am

mine are

cookie-staffy/yorkshire terrier
lily-chi/corgy/jack russell
kaz-chi/corgy/jack russell

8 cats-scooter-taz-peanut-fizzy-kitten-pepper-poppet-fred

2 rabbits-bankcie-lady

and last but by no means least a guinea pig called freddie
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 am

I have.....

Female husky- Misty
Male husky- Diesel
Poodles- Molly, Barney and Poppy

Cats- Cleo, Tiger and Dora

Tortoise- Shelby

Lovebird- Ell

Rabbits- King, Teddy and Benny

Chickens and ducks too but had so many over the years I gave up naming them all!
Back to top Go down
SabJones

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 am

We currently have

Scrappy - German Shorthaired pointer
Back to top Go down
http://www.gsprescue.co.uk
Jo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:27 am

Wow Husky26 - I knew you had you had Misty and Diesel but had no idea you had so many other pets!!

Lizzie - feed time must take you a fair while! Wink

I'd just like to add a new one to my list -

Max - Collie cross Kelpie I love you
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 am

I know I am slightly mad! Had 35 bunnies at one point, all had names. Think I have mug written on me somewhere as tend to take in alot of unwanted pets. Would love another husky (or 2, or 3) but think I may get shot if I do! Being a husky rescue is my dream. Smile
Back to top Go down
lizzie

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 am

it is time consuming but i would change it i actually look forwards to giving them their meals especially if they are getting a treat. feeding the rabbits is funny as lady almost throws her bowl at you and bankcie runs circles around his cage until u give him what he is after which is usually a bit of whatever the kids are eating lol.
Back to top Go down
lizzie

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

i am just like u husky26 i also take in unwanted pets that is how i have 8 cats i am too soft and cant say no im glad i did as my cats are wonderful and so full of personality Smile
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 am

2 of my cats I found at 3 weeks old in my chicken pen. I managed to trap and tame their 2 brothers and sister. Mum was alot harder to tame and in the end for the safety of my kids (she was that wild!!) I took her to a cat rehoming centre. Found all siblings loving homes and couldn't resist keeping cleo and tiger! They have always been out door cats (born out there and have never liked being shut inside for more than 10 mins!). 2 weeks before cleo was due to get done I found out she was pregnant! She had 5 gorgeous babies, 4 went to loving homes (my fave a ginger tabby male went to my other halves parents!) but nobody wanted Dora even though se is stunning! My parents can't stand cats but I have managed to keep all 3!! Such friendly cats, I don't think I have ever met such loving cats that should in theory be wild! Lol!

Love them to bits even if they do want to have cuddles all the time. Tiger is best friends with my female husky misty too. Even diesel who is huge for a 1 year old husky is so gentle with them.

Will shut up now lol. Can't stop me when I get started!x
Back to top Go down
kells3101

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 am

YAY ... more multi pet mad people! LOL ... see I been telling my hubby for years I am not the only person who collects animals!

I have -

Holly - Female chocolate lab, 13 yrs
Ted - Male black lab, almost 6 yrs
Gryff - Male black lab , 4 years ( son of Holly & Ted )
Luna - female mixed terrier ( dad was fell x jack, mum was jack x sausage dog ), 8 years
Mitch - male Patterdale x jack, 13 weeks

Cats -

FatBoy - male 13 yr old tabby fella
Jazz - female semi long oated black , 6 years
Winston - male bengal x siamese, 3 years
recenty ( 8 months go ) lost my heart when my little siamese lady Gracey died unexpectedly at 7 months old Sad

Chickens - Doris, Dotty, Delores, Dara & Darcey - the 6th we are thinking cockeral not hen ... Autumn

Gerbil is called Nutter, Hamster is Toffee, and the Guinea-Pigs are all boars - Crackers, Pumpkin, Rusty & Skuttle
the Ferrets are castrated hobs, named Radar ( black eyed white )& Diablo ( mink coulered with silver markings ) both 4 yrs
Back to top Go down
Jo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:09 am

Kells - Sorry I had to laugh! I'm not too familiar with Ferret terminology and I actually thought you'd called one of them 'castrated hobs' Shocked Razz then I read and re-read it...and got it Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
kells3101

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 am

lol! Too Funny!!!

OK, just FYI - a male ferret is a Hob, a female is a Jill, and they priduce ferret kits Smile
Back to top Go down
Jo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 am

Ahhh!! Thanks for clearing that up Wink
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 am

Had a visitor today! Was Dora's dad! He is a feral BIG ginger Tom, looks nice a weight but for some reason he has no ears!! He hasn't been around for a while and Dora is nearly 3 so has happened in past 2 years! Looks like they have been possibly chewed/scratched/cut off?? Maybe. Thinking may put cat trap out and see if I can get him to a vet then rehabilitate him and find him a good home.
Back to top Go down
kells3101

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 am

Good luck in catching him Smile .... I am partial to a ginger tom, lost my last one 5 years ago now ... but unfortunatley my bengal x wont tolerate anymore males ....

I was watching some vet thing a few days ago on sky ( was a UK program though )
There was a cat with no ears that looked like they had maybe been burned or melted somehow .... and it turned out to be some wierd disease that the cat had, that rotted off the extremities... they removed the ears and treated him with drugs .... not sure of the outcome though as that was on the next show, which i missed ....

Last edited by kells3101 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toffeecrisp

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 am

Jo that did make me laugh Laughing Mind you I wouldn't have known xx
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 am

I have a friend that has cat traps it's just keeping my 3 out of the way till I can get him! Even if I can just catch him and get him seen to and done that would be something. My other half has one of his sons and he is stunning. Ginger tabby and so slim and silky. He was my fave but at least I still get to see him. Anyone else that had a kitten hasn't ever bothers to stay in touch. Would break my heart if I ever let my huskies have pups and the pups owners never stayed in contact! I'm still in contact with both the breeders of my 2.
Back to top Go down
kells3101

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

I have had 3 lab litters, totalling 25 pups ....
first litter of 11 ALL went to family... saw them all reguarly, and see their off speing now too!.... sadly my Holly is the last of that litter left.

the 2nd letter, I managed to stay in touch with all but 1 of the pups .... even to the degree that when a couple who had 2 bitches together, lost one of them, they sent me a stunning sympathy card....

the last litter was 5 boys ... I have one, Gryff, my MIL took Archie, as we loved him but were not in a position to have him and gryff at the time ..... the other 2 blacks went to America and I get the odd email ... and the yellow ended up n Yarmouth, and they stayed in touch for the first 18 months,,,, then moved Sad

My terrier litter was only 2 pups ... we have luna, and my SIL has Rosie ....
Back to top Go down
Husky26

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 am

All our poodle pups family so saw them all the time. The litter my female husky was in have all the owners of that litter and the litters of huskamutes they had stay in touch and meet up. The litter my male husky was in, out of the 7 (I think) pups from that litter I'm the only one that's has stayed in touch! I have even taken him back to see them a few times. He is spitting image of his mum just twice as big now! Lol! Misty is spitting image of her dad. Same skunk line that runs from her nose straight between her ears to her shoulders. Wish I knew how to put pics on places through my phone! Lol!
Back to top Go down
stacym

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 am

Husky x Malamute - Zak
DDB - Asbo
DDB - Terra

2 x hamsters kids change their names all the time but at present I think they are Frazzle and Splodge?

Stacy x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals and their names   

Back to top Go down

Animals and their names
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Suffolk Pets :: Chat :: Animal Chat-
Jump to: